One of the nice things about being vegan and having a new blender, is that I can make up recipes and experiment a lot. Ice-cream vegan style was pretty well guaranteed to be tasty because I know all the ingredients work well together. I’m sorry I filmed this video in portrait mode – that’s what I use to take square photos for Instagram and I forgot to change the orientation. Ingredients and method after the video.
Ice-cream Vegan Style Recipe
- 3 frozen bananas (peel before freezing)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 pitted dates
- 100 ml coconut water
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Couple pinches desiccated coconut
- Throw everything except the desiccated coconut into the blender. Blend on low for a few seconds then switch to high for about 20 seconds.
- Serve in a bowl sprinkled with the desiccated coconut and a sprig of mint to garnish.
You might find you need a bit more or a bit less liquid. I used the tamper to mix things a bit but it really wasn’t necessary.
So, was it delicious? I couldn’t taste the maple syrup and the dates give it enough sweetness so I’ll leave that out next time. The crunchy peanut butter is lovely giving a little crunchy texture to the mix. So a big YES, delicious!
The blender is a JTC OmniBlend. I’m not sponsored by them, I just really like it.
My favourite peanut butter is from Whole Earth Foods. If you want to try it, it’s available from Amazon much cheaper than I buy a single jar from the local store. Click on the picture.
Do you have a favourite vegan ice-cream recipe? Please share – I’d like to try it. Let me know if you are going to try this one and if it was a success.