Short on time and need a quick cake fix? I have the answer for you – a cake in a mug, cooked in the microwave. This cake just takes a couple of minutes to prepare and one more to cook. And it’s a Peanut Butter Cake with no added oil, no dairy or eggs. All plant-based ingredients. What are we waiting for? You can see how I made it in the video and the recipe is down below.
Peanut Butter Cake in a Mug Recipe
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (I love Whole Foods
- 2 tablespoons soya milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Add all ingredients to 235 ml mug (make sure it’s microwave-safe). Stir together with a fork until combined.
- Microwave on high for 60 seconds. You may need to adjust the time depending on the power of your microwave. The cake should have risen and spring back if you press it lightly.
That’s it! You can top this with a dusting of icing sugar, some vegan chocolate chips.
You can also cook this is a traditional oven. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C and cook this in an oven-safe mug or a ramekin for about twenty minutes. Test it by inserting a skewer and if it comes out clean, then the cake is cooked all the way through.
This recipe comes from Kitchen Treaty.
Have you tried cooking cakes in a mug before? Let me know if you try this one.